• Sold

Donkerelaan 57 A 2061 JK Bloemendaal Wildhoef

Hightlighted features

  • 364 m² living area
  • 722 m² plot size
  • 3 bedrooms
Map
€ 1,350,000 k.k.

Sales history

Listed since
August 28, 2020
Date of sale
October 27, 2020
Term
8 weeks

Description

Wildhoef
Living the Coach House Life

**English Text Below**

Al eeuwen ontvlucht de Amsterdamse en Haarlemse bovenlaag de drukke steden om verkwikking te vinden in het landelijke Bloemendaal. In de glooiende landschappen werden buitenplaatsen gesticht, waarvan het achttiende-eeuwse Wildhoef er één is. In 1788 werd het huis voor de textielhandelaar en -fabrikant Willem Philips Kops verbouwd door de Amsterdamse stadsarchitect Abraham van der Hart, die voor Kops ook de prachtige kamer in zijn Haarlemse huis aan de Nieuwe Gracht ontwierp, voorzien van zijden stofferingen uit Lyon. Deze kamer, die nu in het Rijksmuseum is opgesteld, is als Gesamtkunstwerk ontworpen en staat internationaal hoog aangeschreven. Deze door Kops nastreefde topkwaliteit, werd ook doorgezet in de landschapstuin van Wildhoef, die vanaf 1793 door de toen bekende Duitse tuinarchitect Johan Georg Michael werd aangelegd. Slingerpaden, vijvers en boomgroeperingen geven het park een natuurlijk uiterlijk, waarin schilderachtige plekken afgewisseld werden met sublieme doorzichten.

In dat landschapspark kreeg het monumentale koetshuis uit 1841 een plaats. Het was ontworpen door een andere toparchitect, Johan David Zocher jr., de kleinzoon van de tuinarchitect van het park. De opdrachtgever was kleindochter Cornelia Willink, die met haar man Jan Pieter Wickevoort Crommelin een grote staat voerde. Koetshuizen zijn bij uitstek een uiting van rijkdom. Zoals in veel gevallen, en ook hier, is het een combinatie van paardenstallen en een koetshuis waarin de rijtuigen werden gestald. De stallen boden plaats aan twaalf (!) paarden.

Het koetshuis aan de linkerzijde van het pand herbergde de rijtuigen van de buitenplaats. Achter de monumentale kastanje is de huidige voorgevel zichtbaar met de twee enorme deurpartijen, voorzien van de meest prachtige scharnieren. Deze 4½ meter hoge deuren gaven toegang tot de ruimte waarin de kostbare rijtuigen gestald en gedraaid konden worden. Om het manoeuvreren van deze rijtuigen te vereenvoudigen, werd één grote ruimte gemaakt achter de deuren. Op de plek waar nu een scheidingsmuur staat, stond dus vroeger niets. Om deze openheid mogelijk te maken werd een fantastische constructie op zolder gemaakt in de vorm van een vakwerkligger. Deze vakwerkligger bestaat uit prachtige grenenhouten balken met diagonalen die de onderste balk stijf houden, waardoor de constructie stabiel is en de overspannende balken niet door gaan hangen. Een beetje vergelijkbaar met een brugconstructie. Aan de vakwerkligger is de balklaag van de zolder verbonden, waarop de kap staat. De kap bestaat uit ronde spanten, zogenaamde Philibert-spanten, gemaakt van korte houten planken die in drie lagen aan elkaar genageld zijn. Dit type kap was in de zestiende eeuw uitgevonden door de architect Philibert de l‘Orme (vandaar de naam) en werd - na een slapend bestaan in de tussenliggende eeuwen - in de negentiende eeuw zeer vaak gebruikt. Het voordeel van deze spanten is de grote stahoogte die op zolder kon worden bereikt. Later is het dak voorzien van een middenplat, waardoor het pand nu een dakterras heeft.

Bij recente verbouwingen is het pand bewoonbaar gemaakt en voorzien van een royaal trappenhuis met lift en een onderverdeling in kamers. De grote hoogte van de ruimte is nog altijd aanwezig, waardoor een on-Hollands effect wordt bereikt. De lichtinval werd in 1988 verbeterd door het maken van grote boogvensters in de zijgevels zoals die ook aan de voorgevel zichtbaar zijn.

Het huidige pand bestaat uit een begane grond met een tussenverdieping en een zolder. De ingang geeft toegang tot de royale hal met trappen in de linker beuk. De living is direct vanuit de hal bereikbaar en wordt gekenmerkt door de grote hoogte en het licht dat binnenstroomt door de opening van de grote koetshuisdeur, die met glas is gevuld. Doorgangen in de recent geplaatste middenmuur geven toegang tot de eetkamer in de rechter beuk, waar de andere koetshuisdeur licht doorlaat. Deze kamer met open haard is voorzien van een tussenverdieping die geschikt is voor een pooltafel of kantoor en de toegang tot de keuken, die ook vanuit de centrale hal bereikbaar is. Op zolder is links de master-bedroom met badkamer gecreëerd, terwijl een interne trap toegang geeft tot het dakterras met uitzicht over Bloemendaal. In de rechterbeuk zijn diverse slaapkamers met badkamer aanwezig.

Al met al is de grootsheid van het oorspronkelijke koetshuis goed bewaard gebleven. Een toppand van een toparchitect uit 1841.

Literatuur
Willem de Clercq, Naar zijn dagboek 1811-1824, Haarlem 1869, p. 358 (Het geboomte van Wildhoef is voortreffelijk)
J. Craandijk, Wandelingen door Nederland met pen en potlood, Haarlem 1878, dl. 3, p.27 (De heerlijkheid van Hollands duin)
Hildebrand (Nicolaas Beets), Camera Obscura, 1839
Saskia van Ginkel-Meester e.a., Monumenten in Nederland. Noord-Holland, Zwolle 2006
Constance D.H. Moes, Architectuur als sieraad van de natuur. De architectuurtekeningen uit het archief van J.D. Zocher jr. (1791-1870) en L.P. Zocher (1820-1915), Rotterdam 1991

________________________________________________________

Wildhoef

Living the Coach House Life

For centuries, the upper layers of Amsterdam and Haarlem have fled the busy cities to find refreshment in rural Bloemendaal. Country estates were founded in the rolling landscapes, of which the eighteenth-century Wildhoef is one. In 1788, the house for the textile merchant and manufacturer Willem Philips Kops was renovated by the Amsterdam city architect Abraham van der Hart, who also designed the beautiful room in his Haarlem house on the Nieuwe Gracht for Kops, with silk upholstery from Lyon. This room, now set up in the Rijksmuseum, was designed as a Gesamtkunstwerk and is highly regarded internationally. This top quality, pursued by Kops, was also continued in the landscape garden of Wildhoef, which was laid out from 1793 by the then well-known German garden architect Johan Georg Michael. Winding paths, ponds and tree groupings give the park a natural appearance, in which picturesque places are interspersed with sublime views.

The monumental coach house from 1841 was given a place in that landscape park. It was designed by another top architect, Johan David Zocher Jr., The grandson of the park's landscaper. The client was granddaughter Cornelia Willink, who managed a great state with her husband Jan Pieter Wickevoort Crommelin. Coach houses are pre-eminently an expression of wealth. As in many cases, and here too, it is a combination of horse stables and a coach house where the carriages were stored. The stables provided space for twelve (!) Horses.

The coach house on the left side of the building housed the coaches of the country estate. Behind the monumental chestnut, the current facade is visible with the two enormous door parties, equipped with the most beautiful hinges. These 4½ meter high doors gave access to the space in which the precious carriages could be parked and turned. To simplify maneuvering of these coaches, one large space was created behind the doors. So nothing used to be on the spot where there is now a separation wall. To make this openness possible, a fantastic construction in the attic was made in the form of a lattice girder. This lattice girder consists of beautiful pine beams with diagonals that keep the bottom beam rigid, making the construction stable and preventing the spanning beams from sagging. A bit similar to a bridge construction. The beam of the attic, on which the roof stands, is connected to the truss beam. The hood consists of round trusses, so-called Philibert trusses, made of short wooden planks nailed together in three layers. This type of hood was invented in the sixteenth century by the architect Philibert de l'Orme (hence the name) and - after a dormant existence in the intervening centuries - was very often used in the nineteenth century. The advantage of these trusses is the large headroom that could be achieved in the attic. The roof was later provided with a central shelf, so that the building now has a roof terrace.
During recent renovations, the building has been made habitable and equipped with a spacious staircase with elevator and a subdivision into rooms. The great height of the space is still present, creating an un-Dutch effect. The incidence of light was improved in 1988 by creating large arched windows in the side walls, as they are also visible on the front facade.

The current building consists of a ground floor with a mezzanine and an attic. The entrance gives access to the spacious hall with stairs in the left aisle. The living room is directly accessible from the hall and is characterized by its great height and the light that enters through the opening of the large coach house door, which is filled with glass. Passages in the recently placed central wall give access to the dining room in the right aisle, where the other coach house door allows light through. This fireplace room features a mezzanine floor suitable for a pool table or office and access to the kitchen, which is also accessible from the main hall. The master bedroom with bathroom has been created in the attic on the left, while an internal staircase gives access to the roof terrace with a view over Bloemendaal. In the right aisle are several bedrooms with bathrooms.

All in all, the grandeur of the original coach house has been well preserved. A top building by a top architect from 1841.

Literature
Willem de Clercq, From his diary 1811-1824, Haarlem 1869, p. 358 (The trees of Wildhoef are exquisite)
J. Craandijk, Walks through the Netherlands with pen and pencil, Haarlem 1878, vol. 3, p. 27 (The glory of Hollands dune)
Hildebrand (Nicolaas Beets), Camera Obscura, 1839
Saskia van Ginkel-Meester and others, Monuments in the Netherlands. North Holland, Zwolle 2006
Constance D.H. Moes, Architecture as the jewel of nature. The architectural drawings from the archive of J.D. Zocher Jr. (1791-1870) and L.P. Zocher (1820-1915), Rotterdam 1991

Features

Transfer of ownership

Last asking price
€ 1,350,000 kosten koper
Asking price per m²
€ 3,709
Status
Sold

Construction

Kind of house
Single-family home, semi-detached residential property
Building type
Resale property
Year of construction
Before 1906
Specific
Listed building (national monument)
Type of roof
Flat roof

Surface areas and volume

Areas
Living area
364 m²
Other space inside the building
8 m²
Exterior space attached to the building
450 m²
External storage space
3 m²
Plot size
722 m²
Volume in cubic meters
1,288 m³

Layout

Number of rooms
6 rooms (3 bedrooms)
Number of bath rooms
2 bathrooms and 1 separate toilet
Bathroom facilities
Bath, shower and 2 toilets
Number of stories
2 stories
Facilities
Elevator

Energy

Energy label
Not required
Insulation
Roof insulation, double glazing and insulated walls

Cadastral data

BLOEMENDAAL F 882
Cadastral map
Area
450 m²
Ownership situation
Full ownership
BLOEMENDAAL F 722
Area
272 m²
Ownership situation
Full ownership

Exterior space

Location
On the edge of a forest, alongside a quiet road, sheltered location, in center and rural
Garden
Front garden, side garden and sun terrace
Side garden
1.040 m² (50 meter deep and 20,8 meter broad)
Garden location
Located at the south
Balcony/roof garden
Roof terrace present

Storage space

Shed / storage
Detached wooden storage

Parking

Type of parking facilities
Parking on private property and public parking
Involved real estate agent

Map

Map is loading...

Cadastral boundaries Buildings

Travel time

See how long it takes you to travel from this house to for example your work or family.